Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yesterday workout

After work I did my exercise routine. I am getting closer to my "ideal" one hour workout for non running days. First I start out with Tai Chi, the Yang style as modified by Chen Man Ching which takes about twelve minutes, this is a good warm-up. Next I do 25 to 30 minutes of stretching and Yoga followed by my 100 push-up and sit-up initiative (currently at 40 push-ups and 55 sit-ups) then I do 25 arm curls with 15 pound dumbells. Last night this all took about 58 minutes so I added a few repetitions of climbing the stairs. As I do more push-ups and sit-ups my workout will take longer than one hour and I may add pull-ups to my routine once I reach 100 push-ups and 200 sit-ups. On the running days I am running a 5k three times per week until the last week of January when I start training for the half marathon in April.

All of the above exercise is meant to keep me fit, I would also like to eventually run a marathon and complete a triathlon-stay tuned for more as I complete my journey.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work! I've thought about trying the 100 pushups thing but it seems daunting. Be interested to see how that goes for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to slow down the progress because the suggested program was too aggressive so I modified it. I only add one rep to each set after I can complete the current number for one week i.e. three times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replying to your G305 question - I'm no expert, but yes that's the one I would still recommend. There's a newer one (405) but it doesn't do anything more (that I need) than the 305, but costs about double. It's a little smaller which is nice.

    You can find a bunch of great reviews, including the G305 on this guy's blog:

    www.dcrainmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete