Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Plantar faciitis up-date

Today the dog barked at 4:30 AM so I bounded out of bed to see what was going on. She was just letting me know the newspaper arrived. Any hoo, for the last several weeks I have been very careful to stretch my feet especially the right one that I have the heel pain in. Well in addition to stretching several times a day by crossing my foot over my other knee and pulling my toes back I have been using a tennis ball to massage the sole and since the physical therapist at the new years eve 5k showed me the wall stretch for the achilles tendon/calf I have been adding that to my routine as well. For the last few days I have also been applying heat to the heel area. Today when I shot out of bed ready to confront whatever the dog was alerting me to I did not feel any heel pain! So let's see if I am over this (current), possible set-back.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see that your heel pain dissapated however, keep on stretching to avoid any future flareups.

    ReplyDelete