I have been suffering from Plantar Fasciitis to some degree for a year or so and I believe I may have been healed as I have not had any pain or discomfort in the last two weeks. I have continued to run during the entire period and have continued to run in the same shoes-Asics Gel Fortitude 3 & 4.
Here is what I have been doing for relief from Plantar Fasciitis;
1) Keep mileage record on my shoes and stop running in them after 350 to 500 miles.
2) Use ice after runs.
3) Trace the alphabet with the toe of each foot every day.
4) Cross knee foot stretch.
5) Stair stretch.
6) Pick up marbles with my toes.
7) Put a 2x4 under the foot of the bed.
8) Stand for 10 minutes on a slanted board to stretch my calves.
9) Wear socks to bed to keep my feet warm and blood circulating.
10) Use a foam roller and the Stick on my calves.
11) Massage the bottom of my foot.
12) Daily Tai Chi, first thing in the morning as a gentle stretch.
13) Stretch feet before getting out of bed.
14) Roll golf ball on the bottom of my feet.
15) 10 minute warm up before running.
16) Discontinue use of any shoes that gave me any discomfort.
Even though I feel fine now I am doing the above activities as a preventative action. If anyone needs an explanation on any of the exercises let me know and I will go into more detail. If you are having any problem with Plantar Fasciitis I hope this post can help you.