Friday, January 22, 2010

One of the reasons I run.

It was beautiful yesterday, the sun was shinning, the temperature was 40 degrees and the sunset is later so I opted to run in the parkway instead of the streets. I dashed home, changed into my running clothes (had them all layed out) and went to the Lehigh Parkway. As I ran my usual 5k course I was enjoying the beauty of the park and thinking that this is one of the reasons I run. To be able to enjoy a trip around the loop, gliding along and feelin fine! Another bonus is all of the other runners doing the same thing, lots of company.

I am ready with a good base to start my half marathon program next week, as I increase my weekly long run I intend to add an occasional bicycle commute to work for some (enjoyable) cross training.

No comments:

Post a Comment