Saturday, January 9, 2010

Exercise and run

Yesterday after work I did my non-run workout; Tai Chi, yoga, running stretches, push-ups, sit-ups, and foam roller. At work I iced my heel which helped my plantar faciitis after walking at lunch time. Just before leaving work I put heat on my heel and that helped allot. Today before getting out of bed I stretched my foot with a belt and put on a pair of new running shoes and I had very little pain in my heel-I think my old shoes may be the culprit! Today I ran on the streets again as the trails are too frozen, I am anxious to start my 13 week half marathon training later this month.

One of the changes I need to make is to tweak my diet a little so I can lose some more weight, currently I am at 204 lbs., I would like to be around 185 for the half marathon. I eat very well for breakfast-oatmeal, and during the day at work-fruit, vegetables, cliff bar etc and supper. My downfall is when I get home from work I always need a snack and I usually overdue it. I am going to try to do better.

1 comment:

  1. I was long under the impression that yoga was a stretching class mostly for women...until my girls challenged me to try it on the wii fit. Yoga is HARD!

    In this country of high calories and massive portions, nutrition is the never ending challenge!

    ReplyDelete