Sunday, January 3, 2010

First run of 2010, looking back on 2009, goals for new year.

Today was my first run of the new year. As I was stretching I had a few thougts on 2009. 2009 was a good year and a tough year. It was good because I was healthy, kept my job and watched my daughter graduate with her master's degree and two weeks later get married to good guy from a nice family. I got to run in two races with my son. It was tough because my Mother and my Mother-in-Law are both ill and caring for them has taken much of my and my wife's time. Other than our mother's our family is doing well; healthy and all employed!

In 2010 I am looking forward to running in the lehigh Valley Half Marathon, this will be the longest running race I have ever entered-let the journey begin.

Goals for 2010;

  • Finish the half marathon in April.
  • Stay injury free so I can continue to run all year.
  • Continue to improve my diet and maybe-maybe cut back on the coffee :)
  • To weigh 185 by my annual physical in May.
  • Continue to help those in our family that need care.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your goals, especially the half! I'll be there doing the 5K. It will get here before we know it...

    ReplyDelete