Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Quote.

On my desk at home, which is in the same room where I get dressed for my run and do my Tai Chi and yoga I have a 3x5 index card with the following quote written on it"Don't let your ego write checks that your body can't cash". It is there to remind me to stick to my plan and not overdo it, especially when I am feeling strong. My Tai Chi teacher, Bill Newman, once made a statement during class that every time you hurt yourself you can go back and see that you did something wrong. Like bending to pick something up and not using your legs, or twisting your body as you reach for something. Any whoo, I try to keep this in mind when I head out the door as a reminder not to push too hard or add too much distance, because most of my running injuries seem to be from going too long too soon, running too hard when I am not quite ready, or running too many days in a row without a rest break.

The plantar fasciitis seems to be retreating!

No comments:

Post a Comment