Saturday, April 10, 2010

I am not discouraged.

OK, I went for a walk today one week after injuring my calf muscle, it didn't feel good so I came home and mowed the lawn. I am not going to try and run today, I will see how walking goes tomorrow. I talked to the race director for the half marathon that I am entered in and he said the course will be open for three and a half hours so I may just walk it and if things feel good run a little, hopefully staying ahead of the cutoff. I am a bit disappointed that I will at best complete the race and not have a very good time but I am in better shape than I was last year at this time, I did get to run over nine miles, I have lost about eighteen pounds so far and in a couple of weeks I will have a time for the half marathon that won't be too hard to improve on in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment