Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Group run

I remembered to take my waking heart rate ( WHR) yesterday and it was at 50 which is not bad for still having some lingering effects of a cold.  I went with the Saturday group from the LVRR's.  It was around 27 degrees when I left the house.  I got there just as the 06:30 group was leaving but I told them I would pick them up at 07:00 because I wanted to get a good warm-up before running.  I started out walking fast and after a few minutes I jogged about 10 steps and walked 10 steps alternately for a few times and slowly moved up to one minute run/one minute walk.  I have found this to be a good warm-up for me to eliminate strained muscles and heart rate spikes.  After a few minutes of the 1/1 ration I just ran steadily until I met up with the group which was on their way to meet up with the 07:00 gang.  We started out running up the long hill on 24th street toward Emmaus by way of Devonshire.  I had decided to only run about 5 or 6 miles so I turned around at 2 miles and led those people that wanted to run less than the main group that was doing 10 miles.  I got back to my car at a little over 5 miles and felt good so I ran to the LVRR's club house and back which gave me a little over 7 miles.  I felt good, no left knee pain which has been bothering me since the Via Half Marathon last summer.  My knee did bother me once I got home for a little, especially when going down the steps.  I am hoping my strength training will strengthen my knee and help alleviate the pain.  This was a good way to burn off some calories before the Thanksgiving day feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment