Thursday, November 25, 2010

Local hazard alert, nice run.

I just got back from a nice, easy neighborhood run. I left before sunrise because the weather forecast is calling for rain/sleet soon. So I walked down to Lake Muhlenberg and as I was coming up to the west end of the lake I saw that a new bridge was installed which is good because the old one was washed out from a flood and that meant I had to run a few hundred yards over rough ground to the next bridge. So I ran over the new bridge and something looked odd so I stopped at the end and it was just getting light enough to see a big drop off the south end which would not be a good landing for my foot. I then saw someone removed the orange netting the workers put across the bridge so it would not be used until the work is finished. So, to the gazillion local runners that read this blog-use caution on the bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment