Friday, April 22, 2011

One week to the half marathon! and a few days.



The last three weeks we have been tapering doing 11,10 then 8 miles last Sunday. Tomorrow we are going to run 6 miles as we continue to throttle down for the May 1st St. Luke's Lehigh Valley Marathon. Here is picture of me as I am about to cross the finish line last year. I feel pretty good but I am not going to try to run the entire course. I have been using the run/walk in my training along with the heart rate monitor and I am going to continue as this seams to be working well. As I go into the last week I am going to make sure I hydrate well every day, watch my diet and use the foam roller. Oh, and I must pick up a case of Yuengling Black and Tan for after the race!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Maybe we'll see each other there, although I know how huge the crowd is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob, good luck to you as well. I just ran the loop in the parkway and feel good, I may try to hang with the 2:30 pace group, look for me there. My daughter is going to run her first half marathon so I am going to stay with her (or is she going to stay with me :))!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll look for you! Don't know what group I'll be in. I'm planning to run with 3 (younger) coworkers and hang on as long as I can. Not sure where they plan to start.

    ReplyDelete