Monday, June 7, 2010

When was the last time you did something for the very first time?

Back in December, just before Christmas, I started on a program to do 100 push ups in about six weeks. Well, six weeks wasn't going to happen, so I modified the program and slowed it down and today I did 100 push ups! I may have taken longer (almost half a year), but I made it. I have reduced my running to one or two days a week as I am still nursing my stiff ankle from training for the half marathon. I am still getting exercise though, I take two nights to mow my lawn with a non self-propelled mower, I walk a few miles at lunch every day and I ride my bicycle more in the summer. I also do my regular exercise and that includes my push ups which I will now hold at 100.

So yesterday my answer to the title question would have been April when I completed the half marathon, today the answer is "today", I did 100 push ups!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! Two big goals in the bag, and the year isn't even half over!

    ReplyDelete