Sunday, May 23, 2010

Snake on Bogart's Bridge

Ran the 5k loop in the Lehigh Parkway and while doing my after run stretch another runner pointed out a water snake on the side of the bridge at the entrance. It was about 18" long and had its head up ready to strike. Water snakes are not poisonous but they are aggressive and will bite so be on the look out for these guys!

I rode one of my mountain bikes 7 miles in the rain yesterday, it was at my mother's house and I wanted to bring it home to work on it so I have a back up for running errands and commuting. Riding in the rain is not too bad when the temperature is above 60 degrees or so but it is a little messy with out fenders. I bought the bike, a Specialized Hard Rock at a yard sale for $5 and I want to put new tires, fenders and a rack on it after I strip all the components off the frame and clean and lube it.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to NOT tell my wife, she is kind of paranoid about snakes. What's the deal with the Rose Garden, it looks like they paved the trail! Argh, one of the things I liked about it was that it wasn't asphalt. I'm hoping to be able to make the Mayfair 5K there next Saturday if my schedule allows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not planning on running the Mayfair 5k, my ankle is still a little stiff, but I may come down and watch.

    ReplyDelete