Saturday, October 17, 2009

Using the bicycle for errands,commuting to work.

It has been stated that many (around 40%) of the errands we use the automobile for are less than two miles from our homes and that many of these short trips can be done using a bicycle. I have always used my bicycle for these trips and even commute twenty miles round trip to work. I needed a few small items from Home Depot the other day and used my mountain bike. The route I selected was through a beautiful park along a small river and while riding I was thinking how, by using the bicycle I was not destroying nature with harmful tailpipe emissions, I was getting some exercise and the trip only took me about twenty minutes longer for the six miles I travelled. Next time you need to run down to the local market or hardware store consider using your bicycle, don’t forget your helmet!

No comments:

Post a Comment